1 ). Upgrade from 8.x or later
- Download a new copy of SQL Server Backup.
- Uninstall old version. ( Important)
- Install new version to original directory.
After upgrade the product , please double check previouse jobs , see if there is anything changed.
2 ). Upgrade from 6.x or 7.x
- Delete all scheduled jobs in v7 / v6 or Control Panel->Task Scheduler.
- Uninstall the v7 version to remove old backup agent service. (This step is very important. )
- Download a lastest version of SQL Server Backup.
- Install new version to original directory or new directory.
- Re-enter your license key .
- If you install to original directory , please double check the old job and configuration , see if there is anything changed .
- Re-create scheduled task for your job ,because it use own scheduler engine since v8.